Responsible Gambling – Avoiding Gambling Addictions
Here are a few basic tips to help people avoid problem gambling and some organisations that can help those who struggle with addiction.
Here at Footballscores24.com we strongly support and encourage the principle of responsible gambling. Gambling has the potential to be a hugely enjoyable hobby for those that take control of it, but it can also be extremely damaging when it gets out of control.
Players can avoid this by planning a budget and ensuring they stick to it at all times. In general there are a few other principles which Footballscores24.com sticks to in order to ensure our readers enjoy healthy gambling.
- Only adults should gamble, those under 18 should not be gambling or in contact with gambling related material.
- Footballscores24.com is not a bookmaker and doesn’t take bets.
- Our aim to provide clear information on football matches taking place.
- If readers go on to bet at a sportsbook then they should ensure that they only play with money they can afford to lose.
- It is never sensible to gamble while drunk or taking strong medications.
- Gambling while under a large amount of stress is a bad idea.
If you feel as if you may have a problem with gambling then there are many charities and organisations that can help you. Here are three of the best:
Gamble Aware is a UK based gambling that promotes responsible gambling. It does this by supplying people with information on responsible gambling and by supporting schemes that help prevent gambling addiction and minimise the harmful effects of gambling.
Gamblers Anonymous is the UK branch of the worldwide organisation. The charity offers meeting for those with gambling problems. Furthermore, the website offers a large number of resources, text files and mp3s which aim to help gamblers change their habits.
GamCare is an organisation that provides help and support to those with gambling problems. They offer a Net Line where people can chat with a gambling councillor as well as a phone Help Line. The organisation also has a Forum and Chat Room for group help.